Why pray the Rosary every day for a year?


Each time the Blessed Virgin has appeared-- whether it be to Saint Bernadette Soubirous at Lourdes; to Lucia, Jacinta, and Francisco at Fatima; or to Mariette Beco at Banneux-- she has asserted the importance, saving grace, and power of praying the Holy Rosary on a daily basis. Based upon her words, the Rosary is penance and conversion for sinners, a pathway to peace, an end to war, and a powerful act of faith in Jesus Christ. Pope Paul VI presented the Rosary as a powerful means to reach Christ "not merely with Mary but indeed, insofar as this is possible to us, in the same way as Mary, who is certainly the one who thought about Him more than anyone else has ever done."

To show us how this is done, perhaps no one has been more eloquent than the great Cardinal Newman, who wrote: "The great power of the Rosary consists in the fact that it translates the Creed into Prayer. Of course, the Creed is already in a certain sense a prayer and a great act of homage towards God, but the Rosary brings us to meditate again on the great truth of His life and death, and brings this truth close to our hearts. Even Christians, although they know God, usually fear rather than love Him. The strength of the Rosary lies in the particular manner in which it considers these mysteries, since all our thinking about Christ is intertwined with the thought of His Mother, in the relations between Mother and Son; the Holy Family is presented to us, the home in which God lived His infinite love."


As Mary said at Fatima, "Jesus wants to use you to make Me known and loved. He wishes to establish the devotion to My Immaculate Heart throughout the world. I promise salvation to whoever embraces it; these souls will be dear to God, like flowers put by Me to adorn his throne."



Marian Devotion: Stabat Mater

Posted by Jacob

As our month-long celebration of the Blessed Virgin draws to a close, we pause to meditate on the sorrows Our Lady endured throughout her life, but specifically at the foot of the cross. The Stabat Mater is a powerful hymn written in the thirteenth century. Sung on the feast of Our Lady of Sorrows, we are reminded of the suffering and sacrifice that Mary, Mother of God, chose, our of love, obedience, and faith in the Lord. May we be more like Mary, and through our imitation of her, be brought to Jesus Christ, her beloved Son. O thou Mother, fount of love! Touch my spirit from above, make my heart with thine accord.




At the Cross her station keeping,
stood the mournful Mother weeping,
close to her son to the last.


Through her heart, His sorrow sharing,
all His bitter anguish bearing,
now at length the sword has passed.


O how sad and sore distressed
was that Mother, highly blest,
of the sole-begotten One.


Christ above in torment hangs,
she beneath beholds the pangs
of her dying glorious Son.


Is there one who would not weep,
whelmed in miseries so deep,
Christ's dear Mother to behold?


Can the human heart refrain
from partaking in her pain,
in that Mother's pain untold?


For the sins of His own nation,
She saw Jesus wracked with torment,
All with scourges rent:


She beheld her tender Child,
Saw Him hang in desolation,
Till His spirit forth He sent.


O thou Mother! fount of love!
Touch my spirit from above,
make my heart with thine accord:


Make me feel as thou hast felt;
make my soul to glow and melt
with the love of Christ my Lord.


Holy Mother! pierce me through,
in my heart each wound renew
of my Savior crucified:


Let me share with thee His pain,
who for all my sins was slain,
who for me in torments died.


Let me mingle tears with thee,
mourning Him who mourned for me,
all the days that I may live:


By the Cross with thee to stay,
there with thee to weep and pray,
is all I ask of thee to give.


Virgin of all virgins blest!,
Listen to my fond request:
let me share thy grief divine;


Let me, to my latest breath,
in my body bear the death
of that dying Son of thine.


Wounded with His every wound,
steep my soul till it hath swooned,
in His very Blood away;


Be to me, O Virgin, nigh,
lest in flames I burn and die,
in His awful Judgment Day.


Christ, when Thou shalt call me hence,
by Thy Mother my defense,
by Thy Cross my victory;


When my body dies,
let my soul be granted
the glory of Paradise. Amen.


1 comments:

  1. Ma. "Faith" said...

    I, MFA with angel soul, faithfully praise together the courage of Saint Joan and faith to God. It has clear evidence for us to see that angels are with her side...my angel soul shall be on her side too and wish her best with blessings in heaven. Saving poor people is truly a blessing. Putting on trial and punishing those who did immoral things as stealing, adultery and other vicious acts are legal but if one PERSON as what happened to Saint Joan is convicte of false accusations from higher ranks, is a big sin. So please, before you judge a person, make sure first you see eveidence or else your soul will be cursed forever and you cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven of my father. Take good care!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you wish to submit a prayer request, however, please do so above, using the "Contact" tab.